Visit Scotland’s newest nature reserve
Visit Scotland’s newest and largest National Nature Reserve this BIG Weekend!
Join us on foot or on bike at Mar Lodge Estate and discover the story of the estate and the wildlife that lives here.
Walk and talk with a The National Trust for Scotland ecologist to look at how they are working to restore the Caledonian pine wood.
Or, have a chat and cycle from Glen Lui to Derry Lodge for a different way to explore the Park, Mar Lodge and the local wildlife, on a guided off road bike ride.
Why visit Mar Lodge?
- Discover the natural wonders of this 29,000ha estate, at the heart of the Cairngorms National Park.
- Calling all Munro-baggers! 15 mountains over 3,000ft (914m) are found here, including Scotland’s second highest mountain.
- Follow in Queen Victoria’s footsteps and picnic at the Linn of Dee.
- Spot some iconic Scottish wildlife, including red deer, ptarmigan, pine martens, golden eagles and mountain hares.
- Explore Scotland’s newest and largest National Nature Reserve – its mosaic of habitats never fails to inspire.
Posted March 28, 2018 in: Event by Sian Jamieson