Terms & Conditions
1. The promoter of this competition is the Cairngorms National Park Authority whose registered office is at 14 The Square, Grantown-on-Spey, PH26 3HG.
2. The competition prize providers are:
* The Lazy Duck, Nethy Bridge, Inverness-shire, PH25 3ED.
* Wild Alba Tours, The Haugh, Ballindalloch, AB37 9AJ
* Columbia Sportswear, Crooklands, Milnapthorpe, Cumbria, LA7 7NU.
3. The competition is open to any one aged 18 years or over except employees of the Cairngorms National Park Authority.
4. There is no entry fee and no purchase neccessary to enter this competition.
5. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
6. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via www.cairngormsnaturebigweekend.com, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
7. The closing date for entry will be the 14th May at 12 noon. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not recieved for whatever reason.
9. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
* Submit your name and contact details
* Tell us what your perfect BIG weekend experience would be in the Cairngorms National Park
* Submit your entry.
10. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
11. The prize is as follows:
The Lazy Duck exclusive stay in the Hut Hostel, provides the winner with either a Friday – Saturday (two nights) or a Sunday – Thursday (four nights) stay at the Lazy Duck Hut Hostel. This prize is subject to normal Lazy Duck booking terms, which are available at: www.lazyduck.co.uk/lazy-duck-hostel/. The winner will be required to email the Lazy Duck to arrange a booking and dates are subject to availability.
Wild Alba will provide the winner with a Wildlife walk in the Moors & Hills: This walk requires a degree of fitness and will be on rough paths so good footwear is important. It may also be cold and as it is Scotland it may rain so please also bring some warm waterproof clothing. Experience the living landscape of the hills and moors. Wild Alba’s ranger will take the winner and family out into the hidden valleys and up onto the moorland and hills. Surrounded by an array of wonderful wildlife, this walk is ideal for those who like to unwind as they enjoy and explore the great outdoors at a slower pace. No jumping in and out of minibuses ticking off target species, just a leisurely walk with an expert guide who will point out wildlife along the way. Although a set route will be followed there is no fixed itinerary and the ranger will stop and look at whatever catches the group’s eye along the way. Duration: 3 hours Number: Maximum of 4 people.
Columbia will be providing the winner with a full outdoors kit for a family of 4, including an outer layer, mid-layer, trousers and footwear for each person. The winner will select the items they require from the Columbia ranger online at www.columbiasportswear.co.uk – subject to available stock – and Columbia will arrange ordering and delivery directly with the winner.
The prizes are as stated and no cash or other alternative will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and prize providers reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value.
12. Winners will be chosen at random by software, from all entries recieved by the Promoter.
13. The winner will be notified by email within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 28 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
14. The promoter will notify the winner with all details required to make the relevant bookings with the prize providers.
15. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondance will be entered into.
16. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
17. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material as well as their entry.
18. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current (UK) data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to any third party including the prize providers, without the entrant’s prior consent.
19. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other Social Network.
20. Your details (name and contact information) will only be used for purposes associated with the Cairngorms Nature BIG Weekend VIP Competition. You may request to see personal information held by CNPA at any time.